CA Intermediate Course – Students after completion of FOUNDATION course enters into the second level of CA- CA Intermediate Course also called as IPCC. Let us have an overview of this level so that we can understand it before starting the course.
CA Intermediate Course
CA Intermediate Course – This is the first stage of the Chartered Accountancy curriculum wherein only working knowledge of core and allied subjects to accountancy profession is covered, while at the Final course, advanced application knowledge of core and allied subjects to accountancy profession has been intended to be inculcated. The unique feature of the entire theoretical education of the Chartered Accountancy curriculum is the supportive and complementary practical training. A student would undergo theoretical education and three years of practical training compulsorily during the course ofChartered Accountancy. This balanced approach will help the students to appreciate the underlying practical applications of the theoretical education scheme.
In order to develop a strong theoretical base, students of Intermediate Course, who have registered through Foundation Course route or Intermediate level examination passed students of The Institute of Cost Accountants of India or The Institute of Company Secretaries of India, are required to undergo eight months study course before appearing for the first time in the Intermediate Examination. Since a proper understanding of the modern world necessitates knowledge of present-day technology and skills, students are imparted Four Weeks Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft Skills (ICITSS) before joining for the practical training. It is to be noted that such students can join practical training only after passing either or both Groups of Intermediate Course.
Intermediate Course registration is valid for 4 years and can be revalidated any number of times for further 4 years period by paying revalidation fee of Rs.400/- or as decided by the Council from time to time.
Subjects covered in CA Intermediate Course
Paper-1: Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper-2: Corporate Laws & Other Laws (100 Marks)
- Part I: Company Law (60 Marks)
- Part II: Other Laws (40 Marks)
Paper-3: Cost and Management Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper-4: Taxation (100 Marks)
- Section A: Income-Tax Law (60 Marks)
- Section B: Indirect Taxes (40 Marks)
Paper-5: Advanced Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper-6: Auditing and Assurance (100 Marks)
Paper-7: Enterprise Information Systems & Strategic Management (100 Marks)
- Section A: Enterprise Information Systems (50 Marks)
- Section B: Strategic Management (50 Marks)
Paper-8: Financial Management & Economics for Finance (100 Marks)
- Section A: Financial Management (60 Marks)
- Section B: Economics for Finance (40 Marks)
Download CA Intermediate Course PDF – Click Here
CA Intermediate Courses Eligibility
A student who has passed the Foundation Examination is eligible for registration to Intermediate Course. A student who is Graduate/ Post Graduate in Commerce having secured in aggregate a minimum of 55% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including openUniversity) by studying any three papers carrying a minimum of 50 marks in a semester/year and cumulatively 100 or more marks over the entire duration of the concerned course out of Accounting, Auditing, Mercantile Laws, Corporate Laws, Economics, Management (including Financial Management), Taxation (including Direct Tax Laws and Indirect Tax Laws), Costing, Business Administration or Management Accounting or similar to the title of these papers with different nomenclatures or other than those falling under Commerce stream having secured in aggregate a minimum of 60% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including Open University)and candidates who have passed the Intermediate level examination conducted by The Institute of Cost Accountants of India or by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India are exempted from qualifying Foundation Examination and can join the Intermediate Course.
Download CA Intermediate Courses Eligibility – Click Here
CA Intermediate Courses Registration
A candidate has to register for Intermediate Course by filling Online Registration Form available on ICAI website (www.icai.org) in “Course Registration Forms” under “Students tab”.
Intermediate Students While filling the online form, candidates should take care of the following:
- After filling the Online Form pay the required fees online using the payment gateway.
- On successful payment, the system will automatically generate the Form, which is to be printed
Following documents are to be submitted to concerned RIntermediateegional Office within 7 days of the date of online registration along with the print out of the online registration form, duly signed by the candidate.
- Foundation Route students have to submit attested copy of mark sheet of Class 12th or its equivalent CentralGovernment recognized examination pass marks statement.
- Direct Entry Route students have to submit attested copy of Graduation/ Post Graduation mark statement/mark sheet of Intermediate level examination of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or theInstitute of Cost Accountants of India.
- One recent color photograph (affixed on the printout of the online successful registration form)
- Attested copy of proof of Nationality if the student is a foreigner.
- Attested copy of proof of special category certificate,i.e, SC/ST, OBC, Differently abled.
The form and documents are to be submitted in consonance with the address at the following Regional Offices:
Download CA Intermediate Course Registration PDF – Click Here
CA Intermediate Courses Syllabus
Download CA Intermediate Courses Syllabus – Download Here